TR Register Forum

The TR Register Australia Inc. forum dedicated to Sidescreen TRs and Derivatives
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:50 pm 

A farm working weekend at Chris Olson’s goat farm at Laffing Waters, near Bathurst, is being planned for the weekend of 8-10 September. A September run is a conveniently good TR shakedown drive before Tassie.

Chris has been looking after the farm on his own since the tragic death of his beautiful wife Merran last year. Chris and Merran have been stalwarts of the club for many years and have done a great job with the regalia, a job Chris is now doing on his own. We can repay a bit of their efforts by helping Chris out with some chores on the farm.

The idea is to drive up on Friday afternoon and have a casual dinner at Chris’s.

The focus on Saturday is a working bee at Chris’s direction. We would form a few groups to tackle some of the jobs, swapping jobs and groups as we go.

Sunday morning would be a spare day for farm work.

Chris suggests we might want to have a Sunday lunch at the Hampton Halfway Guesthouse (on Jenolans Caves Rd a few kms south of the Gt Western Hwy) as it is sort of on the way home to Sydney.

Everybody would bring victuals and drinks according to a plan yet to be decided.

Accommodation is up to individuals but Chris suggests the Charlotte St Apartments nearby his farm.

This will also be a fantastic opportunity to top up on regalia clothing for Tassie. You can see, feel and try on the garments before purchase. I bought a Register jacket and a couple of shirts on my previous visits to the farm and am very glad I tried them on first.

Please get back to me with your intentions as early as possible.