TR Register Forum

The TR Register Australia Inc. forum dedicated to Sidescreen TRs and Derivatives
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:50 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Car movers
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:47 am 

As my access to a trailer/tow car and driver is limited to Sundays only I have been unable to get my new acquisition TR2 rolling chassis/body down to my place. The body is unprotected so has to be moved on a rain free day.
I am now looking at using a tow truck which can do it any day, not just Sundays.
Does anybody have any experience/recommendations for car movers in the Sydney/Newcastle area?

Post subject: Re: Car movers
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:51 am 

Hi John. Over the years I have moved a lot of cars. I used to hire car trailers. The problem was that they are designed to be strong and to be able to take any car. They usually weighed at least a ton. Ultimately it was dangerous and stressed the tow vehicle. The TR has been tilt trayed several times with no problems. You just have to pay the money. The best idea is to get a quote from someone up in or near to Newcastle.Their overheads are less and they are used to picking up vehicles in the Hunter area and bringing them to Sydney. The main thing is to get it here safely in good order. Speak to Bill Revill; he may be able to help.

Post subject: Re: Car movers
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:19 am 
John.
Buy a $25 tarp from Bunnings & move it on a Sunday.
m. :lol: