TR Register Forum

The TR Register Australia Inc. forum dedicated to Sidescreen TRs and Derivatives
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:01 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hardtop Cantrails
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:16 pm 

Does anyone know where you can get the Aluminium "Cantrails" ( the aluminium gutters around the side curtains)? Moss don't carry them and the UK Register members seem to be able to get them. I am investigating getting them made. Anyone know a possible manufacturer? perhaps we can get a few made or even sell them to OS TR owners. After our meet up for Xmas in July and encountering snow, sleet and rain I understand why Canberrians like their Hardtops. Your thoughts would be appreciated. Rusty

Post subject: Re: Hardtop Cantrails
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:21 pm 

I am reasonably sure that the TRF has them, or at least list them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm 

Revington TR.Part No 802612 RH. 802611 LH. Can't find them under TRF. Just ask them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:15 pm 

Thanks chaps, went to Revington site and ordered both cantrails. I tried some sheet metal manufacturers and they don’t have the rollers to make them and quite admired what was made back in the 50’s. I wonder if they are original parts or remanufacture. Anyway, get them while they are available , so thanks for our forum and readers. R

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:16 pm 

Got an email from Revington to say the order cannot be filled as out of stock and they haven’t had any luck with the manufacturer for more. Looks like more investigation. Any other ideas? R

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:58 pm 

Oh the diappointments. One can but try! Anyway a couple of weeks ago my son send me an ad for a pristine TR3a hardtop for sale at Winton for $1000. Deep cream would go well with dark green. I did mention it to Mal who was keen until I said that it was fiberglass and he said that he owned several of those. Perhaps he has a tatty one with good cantrails that he may wish to sell. What happened to the ones on your hardtop?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:22 pm 

They have got damaged when the hardtop was not on car . As they are only light aluminium and I did use board racks to carry stuff so they didn’t help. Got another email from Revington and if we got an order for 10 might be able to do an order. Anyone else need some? R