TR Register Forum

The TR Register Australia Inc. forum dedicated to Sidescreen TRs and Derivatives
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 8:47 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: eBay alloy radiators
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:28 am 

Has anybody heard anything/ have any experience of the alloy radiators on EBay? just wondering if they are any good.
Keith Manion.

Post subject: Re: eBay alloy radiators
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:55 am 

There were various sources and some seemed to be the same radiator from different suppliers. I bought from ebay over 12 years ago and it has functioned fine but i had to trim the mounting brackets to make it fit between the frames and the hose connection at the top was 1/8" too small for the standard hose but easily overcome by cutting a standard Ford hose to suit. The quality of the welding is 100% and at the time the price was 30% of the price of a re core. It was easier to adapt it than return it to the Melbourne (Chinese) supplier who gave $50 back for inconvenience. I did not use the stays just mounted it at the base on rubber pads to avoid possible stresses on the radiator with body movement. The top hose stops it rocking forward/backward. If the engine moves forward under braking the radiator moves with it.

Maybe current offerings are a better fit but get a drawing and check dimensions before purchase to avoid the above.

peter

Post subject: Re: eBay alloy radiators
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:45 pm 

I got my radiator from TRF from memory i think it was $100.00 the only issue i had was the cap fitting needed a bit of fetling but other than that its been fine.

Graham

Attachments:
P1010165.jpg
P1010165.jpg [ 107.99 KiB | Viewed 95 times ]
P1010156.jpg
P1010156.jpg [ 114.79 KiB | Viewed 95 times ]