TR Register Forum

The TR Register Australia Inc. forum dedicated to Sidescreen TRs and Derivatives
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:28 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:49 pm 

My project TR2 is in need of the brake master cylinder check valve body. It is the little brass body the rubber valve in the repair kit fits into. Part number 13 in the Moss diagram of the master cylinder.
The part is not available from the Moss's, Rimmers or TRF. I'm checking with Mal.
Would anyone have a spare one in an old cylinder? Please.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:12 pm 

I mentioned it at the local brake place where they did a rego check. Residual line valve. Quite common as they all used it, mainly Morris Minors. Desirable but not essential. Only holds a few pounds to keep things primed. Not used on the clutch side nor when disc brakes came along. They may be able to get one if needs be. Why was it missing? Never installed? Removed because it failed?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:07 pm 

trooo3 wrote:
I mentioned it at the local brake place where they did a rego check. Residual line valve. Quite common as they all used it, mainly Morris Minors. Desirable but not essential. Only holds a few pounds to keep things primed. Not used on the clutch side nor when disc brakes came along. They may be able to get one if needs be. Why was it missing? Never installed? Removed because it failed?

Thanks Terry. I suspect it just disappeared in 50 years of storage. Sydney Brake and Clutch in Alexandria tell me they have a box full of them and I can come over and find one that fits. I'll do that tomorrow, hoping that sorts it out.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:45 am 

It looks like I have found the part. Sydney Brake and Clutch tell me they have a box full of them I can go through, and even closer to home Jim Allen has one.