TR Register Forum

The TR Register Australia Inc. forum dedicated to Sidescreen TRs and Derivatives
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:25 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Windscreen side brackets
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:19 pm 

I had my windscreen side brackets, the bits the windscreen attaches to the body with, chromed. Unfortunately it appears the chrome is so thick the screen won't slide home into position.

Does anybody have a pair of old ones I could buy? Mal doesn't have any and would like a pair to get some made.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:50 am 

I do not have any but just to be sure.....are you after the Dzus type , not the latter type?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:59 pm 

Did they fit before but not now in which case go back to the plater and have them stripped. Start again. Do they need to be plated or just a shot of paint. Ultimately they make new ones in the USA out of stainless steel for about $200 US. You could of course just run aeroscreens.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:21 pm 

Thanks gents. A suggestion from a TR Register UK member solved my problem. Apparently it is common when the screen frame and plates are rechromed for it to be a bit tight. Loosening the stanchion screws gives enough movement to slide the screen home. Tighten the screws and all is good.

I just need to mount the other front overrider, windscreen wipers and fit the Commission plate (TS3732O) then over to David Clark to run a detailed eye over it for a Pink Slip and she can get registered on Historic plates.

Once registered the rest of the upholstery can go in to make her usable. Finishing touches will take a quite bit longer.

It has been 2 years 3 months since I bought her in pieces from Bob Cousins.

Attachments:
IMG_3263 (6).JPG
IMG_3263 (6).JPG [ 778.38 KiB | Viewed 312 times ]