TR Register Forum

The TR Register Australia Inc. forum dedicated to Sidescreen TRs and Derivatives
It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:22 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: EZI LIFT CAR HOIST
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:57 pm 

You may have seen the Ezi lift car hoist. A few members have them already.
I want to get one and if anybody else is considering buying one we can see if we can get a special deal by placing one big order. Please contact me if interested.

Post subject: Re: EZI LIFT CAR HOIST
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:48 pm 

These hoists are great if you can’t put in a 2 or a 4 post hoist. With the current exchange rate, import cost, gst, and duty costs for pest inspection is all over $3k. Another item you need to know is you need a drill with at least 1000watt with good torque. I bought a 1300watt dewalt Dwd530ks-xe at $430. Must say I firstly tried a good 750watt drill which started smoking halfway up.
But to be able to so easily move and work under the car particularly as we mature we need every thing to help us maintain the cars to enjoy them.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:58 am 

H i guys just installed a tufflit hoist 4 post with casters so i can move it later to make storage room cost me $3300 very happy with it cheers all

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:28 pm 

frenchie wrote:
H i guys just installed a tufflit hoist 4 post with casters so i can move it later to make storage room cost me $3300 very happy with it cheers all

A photo if you could please.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:21 pm 

just go to the tufflift web sight it is the only 4 post with castors 3.6 tonn takes a curiser cheers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:44 am 

Unfortunately it won't fit in my garage. Back to the ezilift.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:25 pm 

How does the Ezi Lift compare to a QuickJack BL 3500?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:10 pm 

Hi.
I have a EzyLift. Have had for about 8 years. The EzyLift gives better access under the car. There are no rails on the ground. Also the lift is 27" compared to 20". The only job I can't do is the front rear spring hanger with the lift set up parallel to the chassis but I then use it with the ramps at right angles to the chassis. No problems.
With the EasyLift you can lay on a creeper and still work comfortably under the car. That 7" makes a big difference.
The BL 3500 can fit most cars as is because the two ramps are not locked together as the EasyLift is. With the EasyLift you need different spreaders to give different widths. The TR has a special set due to its narrow chassis. Personally I would prefer the EasyLift rigidity when undoing main bearings, diff drive flanges etc.
The BL 3500 does not need any power as you pump it up by hand. The EsyLift requires a drill of about 1000W. I got one from that popular hardware shop for around $80.00.
With my two car garage, I simply roll the Lift from under the Volvo to the TR, depending on which one I am taking out. Takes about 30 secs.
As you can see, I am a little biased. The cost difference I would assume would lean you towards the BL 3500. The EasyLift has to be shipped in from the USA where it is made and that adds cost.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:57 pm 

Can any one give me link to the model you are talking about. I don’t seem to be able to track down and work out which Ezilift is the appropriate one hence the question about the Quickjack which does have some differences To the Ezilift - whether or not these are advantages or not I don’t know. Cheers Jim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:26 pm 

www.ezcarlift.com